Saturday, July 13, 2013

SYTYCD Season 10 Top 18 Results Top 16 Perform

Top 18 Results and Top 16 Performances

Opening number: I like it. Fik-Shun is awesome. I wonder what they are landing on behind that thing. That was cool. I think Sonya and Chris Scott should work together more often. I thought I didn’t see Jade out there. I am sad for him, but I think it is probably for the best. He was going to keep being in the bottom, he just wasn’t good enough. I liked the DREAM – Dance Rules Everything Around Me thing he said. I don’t love that it rules everything around him, something else should, but I still like it. It would make a good t-shirt.

I am not thrilled about the judging panel tonight.

I am glad they are doing the results at the end.

Bottom three girls: Jasmine M., Jenna, Alexis. Bottom three guys: Jade, BluPrint, Curtis.

Not really surprised by any of those. I think it was a great idea not to cut a guy because Jade was already out, makes complete sense.

Solos – Alexis – I like her solo alright. I am not sure she needed to wear a belly button ring. Jasmine – her solo is fine, seems hectic a little bit. It also looks like her skirt was starting to come off. Jenna – her solo is fine. I wasn’t wowed by any of the three solos. They aren’t “dancing for their life” like the judges want and like we have seen in the past, but they were alright.

Amy and Fik-Shun – Paso Doble – I am worried that being the first couple might be bad for them. People usually forget the first dance, or at least I do. Hopefully that won’t happen this week. I like the music because it is intense. I am glad to see some of the typical Paso moves in this dance still even though it isn’t a typical Paso. There were a couple awkward moments, but I thought it was really good. I don’t think I will listen to the judges the second time through this week. I just really like this couple. I think they should be the winners this year. I did think it was interesting that Paula knew Fik-Shun from before and from her own show.

Aaron and Jasmine H – Broadway – I like this. I think they danced it well. They were pretty together on the parts where they were supposed to be in sync. I thought it was good. I think they will be safe. I also think it is funny that Erin mentioned the big head posters and that your nose looks bigger. I skipped the rest of the judges’ comments. I just don’t care this week to listen to what they have to say.

Makenzie and Paul – Contemporary – New choreographer, this could be interesting. Mary will cry at the end of this. It is so pretty. I love the lighting, the costumes, the music is good. The emotion is wonderful. The lift where she went up on his back and then slid back down was really cool and looked effortless. I thought it was beautiful. I was right, Mary cried.

Jasmine M. and Alan – Jazz – I think this is a fun concept and it should be fun. I think it is fun. They are doing fine with it. It is weird, but I like it. Alan is growing on me. I don’t have much to say about that one. It was enjoyable and fun.

Jenna and Tucker – Hip-Hop – New choreographers again. This should be interesting. Haha, Jenna said America doesn’t know what is coming for them, is that Comfort, meaning she was going to do really well at it. Hahaha that was funny. This seemed jazzier to me than hip-hop, but I like it. The judges said there are lots of different styles to hip-hop so that makes it okay. I liked it. It wasn’t my favorite piece, but it was good.

Malece and Marko – Contemporary – It almost isn’t even fair that she gets to dance with Marko because the judges love him so much. It is really good. It would not have been this good with Jade. I don’t know why the judges gave it a standing ovation, and went so crazy over it, but it was good. I liked the music and the lighting. I like that Malece was about to cry because she was overwhelmed by the support and the people standing for her. I thought it was good.

Hayley and Curtis – Samba – I am pretty sure she shouldn’t be wearing that dress out of the bedroom. There isn’t much to the dress. I don’t think I actually watched the dance because I was distracted by the dress. I think they did fairly well though. The lift, spin was cool. I like it. I thought it was good.

Alexis and Nico – Jazz – I like this. I think they are doing well. They were pretty in sync, which is a good thing. I liked it.

Mariah and BluPrint – Hip-Hop – I loved the beginning of it. It didn’t stay awesome. It was good. I think they did the choreography well, I just don’t think I loved the choreography. It was fine for me. Not my favorite. I agreed that BluPrint needs to give more and emote more.

Results: I am glad they saved Jenna right off. I am surprised they kept Alexis after Nigel said the choreographers have to keep telling her what to do.

Bottom three girls next week – Alexis, Mariah, Hayley

Bottom three guys next week – BluPrint, Curtis, Nico


Good show again this week, not as good as last week, but still good.  Also, I am thrilled SYTYCD is taking a week off, because I will be at camp and wouldn’t have been able to see it. 

1 comment: