Thursday, July 26, 2012

SYTYCD Season 9 Top 20 Perform


Top 20 opening number:  I liked the music. I would be 100% surprised if that wasn’t a Chris Scott routine.
Glad to see the belly dancer actually being able to dance tonight.

So the sound was off for mine. Hopefully that doesn’t keep happening. I was right about who choreographed that routine.

Wow, so many mess ups and just in the first few minutes.

I am very interested to see how this season will go. I still don’t think I know how this is going to work. I just wish it was the same and there would be a results show on Thursday.

Whitney and Chehon: So I don’t very much care for the first couple. Whitney is definitely not my favorite and I don’t think I care for Chehon. It looks like she has flippers in. (The fake teeth the girls on toddles and tiaras use). They don’t seem too together. Landon thinks he is very stiff. I didn’t feel a connection between the two. To be honest I didn’t watch him too much and just watched her the whole time, but she didn’t seem to look at her partner much at all.

Tiffany and George:  That was pretty good. I find that I am having a hard time thinking of things to say. I am just kind of apathetic about this one I suppose. I don’t agree that George is one of the best in the competition.

I am excited the stepper gets hip hop first.

Janaya and Brandon: WHOA Tabitha is way preggers! They are going to have a crazy awesome hip hop baby. Janaya looks like she is trying pretty hard and that it isn’t natural for her, but I am liking it. Aww Brandon has a very nice smile. Oh Nigel, very funny.

Alexa and Daniel: Alexa is not my favorite. Daniel I have liked so far. I don’t really like Sean Cheeseman anymore. Oh wow an apparatus. I wander if that is OSHA approved. Lol. Uh oh, her top is coming unbuttoned. That was weird. Alexa looks so much better without that stupid red lipstick. I think she just looked like she was concentrating too hard so it was hard for me to really just get to enjoy it.

Amber and Nick: Ballroom getting their genre again. There are lots of lucky people this night. Their lift that went spinning around and around was not very graceful so I didn’t like it very much. None of it was very graceful. I think her arms being so muscular also didn’t connect with me for this dance.

I think I am getting cynical because this is the 8th season I have watched and I have seen so much of it before.

Amelia and Will: Don’t really care for this couple very much. Oh boy, hip hop for these two. This could be a fun routine. This seems more like a jazz routine than a hip hop routine to me. I think they got lucky by not having to do hip hop. I mean it was a good jazz routine, but I didn’t like it as a hip hop routine. It was pretty cool though. See, Nigel even said it wasn’t hip hop. I think it was a cop out.

Janelle and Dareian: that looked serious in the preview video thing. I actually really enjoyed that. The music was fun and she is super pretty. There was a lot of excitement and power in that number and I enjoyed it.

Eliana and Cyrus: I liked this one. I think they both did it pretty well and played the parts well. (I didn’t write about this one while I watched or after I watched it. I just wrote off of the numbers at the end of the show)

Audrey and Matthew: This one was very good. I really liked it, I really like this couple. (I didn’t write about this one while I watched or after I watched it. I just wrote off of the numbers at the end of the show)

Lindsay and Cole: This paso doble was pretty good. I like her outfit. It was powerful, they matched the music, they were into and powerful like the music was. I really liked it.

So the last four dances were so much better than the first half. I hope the season continues to get better like the dances did on this episode. Can’t wait to see how the rest of this season goes. Hope you enjoy my take on it. Tune in next week to see what I think. ~Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment